Posted on: Mar 02 2020
This page answers frequently-asked questions about car shipping in Dubai. If your question isn’t answered below, give the team a call and they’ll help you out.
1. How many cars can be stuffed in one container?
In a 20 ft container we can stuff 1 car, In a 40 ft container 2 to 3 cars can be stuffed depending on their size.
2. Can we send personal items along with the car?
Yes, we can send both vehicle and personal effects in a single container.
3. Can I place my extra baggage in the boot space of the car while shipping?
Yes, you can place your baggage in the boot space of the car.
4. What are the documents required while exporting a car from Dubai?
Export certificate of the car from RTA, Shipper’s Passport and visa copy are the mandatory documents.
5. Can I export my car for 3 months to UK and bring back to Dubai?
Yes, Car can be exported for temporary purpose under Carnet document from RTA .
6. How long will it take to ship a car in container by sea?
The transit time will vary as per the destination.
7. Can we ship a car by Air?
Yes, cars & bikes can be exported by air.
8. Will I get any documents as shipping proof?
Yes, transport document called Bill of Lading stating shipper, receiver, vessel & commodity details will be issued.
9. Is it possible to put two persons name as receiving party?
No, only one person’s name can be mentioned as a receiving party.
10. Whether the car will move inside the container while shipping?
No, cars will be lashed to the container with belts so that it will be immovable while moving.
11. Can I export my car to Saudi Arabia?
Yes cars can be exported to Saudi Arabia, but cars older than 5 years are not acceptable.
12. What is export certificate of the car?
Export certificate or RTA paper is a mandatory document of car for exporting to any country issued by the RTA.
Also read: Best movers and packers in Dubai
Back to blogs