5 Foolproof Ways to Compare with the Moving Companies
Posted on: Jun 16 2020
Are you planning to move soon? Have you decided on which moving company to hire? Moving from one place to another is tough. You have to prepare yourself emotionally, but you have to take care of your belongings as well. It isn’t easy to move all of your possessions on your own. But do not worry! There are several moving companies in the market that you can hire. However, choosing the right moving company can be a tricky process. You need to do a bit of research before you select one.
Here are the top 5 ways to compare different moving companies in the market and choose the right one for you:
Compare based on the experience: The first thing you need to look out for is to select a moving company with a lot of experience. A company that has been in the business for a long time will know every trade trick. Experienced companies visit your house once to assess the possible problems that need to be addressed while moving. For example, an inspection will help you to overcome obstacles such as small doorways or a long flight of stairs when your possessions are being moved. All the experienced moving companies will provide you with an estimate of the total cost before moving your possessions. It will help you to plan everything accordingly, and you do not have to face problems while moving.
Compare after seeing the rate chart: Different moving companies charge different prices for the services they provide. It is not mandatory to hire the most expensive moving company. More money doesn’t necessarily guarantee better service. You have to compare different prices to fix the right one that suits your budget. Usually, when you have to move locally, the moving companies charge you on an hourly basis. In case you want to move a little far away, the prices will be fixed and based on the distance. Don’t rush with the whole process. It might seem like the easiest option to choose the cheapest option at first. But it can cost you a lot more in the long run. Several companies often have hidden charges. Hence, you need to take your time when you are comparing. The different fees that can be charged by such companies are:
• Packing charges: Your possessions need to pack properly before it gets moved from one place to another. Fragile items that need to be moved over long distances need to be packed more carefully. Otherwise, they can get damaged easily.
• Transportation charges: It will depend on the type of moving vehicle required to move your possessions. If you need to move huge furniture, the vehicle needs to be huge to move it around the town. Transportation charges are less in case you need to move locally.
• TheInsurance money: Different moving companies often charge insurance in order to ensure safety for your possessions. In case of any kind of an accident, insurance helps you to cover the damage costs. Insurance rates differ from one company to another. It is also dependant on the value of your possessions. More valuable items need more security, and hence, companies charge a higher insurance rate for them.
• Handling charges: Moving companies employ workers to work for you and pack your possessions. The money that has to be paid to them is charged to you as handling fees. If more employees are hired, handling fees will be higher.
• Value-added services charges: Apart from the charges for the conventional services that moving companies provide there are additional services available to the consumers. Very few companies offer services such as re-arranging, and hence, it can be a deciding factor while you are comparing the different companies.
Comparing after checking the services: There is a wide range of services that are provided by Moving Companies. Some of them are – hoisting huge objects through the balcony or window, custom crating, storing possessions temporarily, packing, unpacking, assembling, and the reassembling huge furniture. You should compare and choose the right moving company after checking the price-service ratio.
Compare the different reviews: The fourth most important step to hire the right moving company for you is to compare the different moving companies. Select a couple of companies that you are interested in and check the reviews. There are two ways you can get reviews- online as well as offline. Online reviews include the different websites that offer a comparison between different companies. Choose the company that has the maximum amount of good reviews. Some reviews can be gathered offline, as well. You can ask your relatives and friends for reviews as well. Ask them about the moving companies that they had hired in the past. Only then will you be able to get a rough idea about which company to choose for moving your items.
Compare the professionalism and legalities: Make sure that you choose a moving company that is licensed. You can look into the government websites to make sure if the company is registered or not. Always choose a moving company that is transparent with its proceedings. A good moving company will have a dedicated customer support team. Compare the different moving companies and choose the company that is most transparent with its proceedings.
To sum it up
Now that you are well aware of the different things that you need to look into while comparing moving companies, what are you waiting for? Do not waste time as you need to select a moving company as soon as you decide to move. In order to carry out a good analysis, you need to compare different companies. Each company has its own set of pros and cons. Only when the company that you are interested in is in sync with your plans, choose it. You have to trust your instincts and start moving!